Terms & Conditions
Terms of service stated herein constitute a legally binding agreement (the “Agreement”) between you and RoadWages Limited, further to this agreement known as RoadWages, concerning your use of the RoadWages application, website, and technology platform (collectively, the “RoadWages.com”).
By entering into to this Agreement, and/or by using or accessing RoadWages.com you expressly acknowledge that you understand this Agreement and accept all of its terms. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT, YOU ARE FORBIDDEN ANY USE OF OR ACCESS TO ROADWAGES.COM.
As a rideshare entity, RoadWages.com is a marketplace match provider of door to door small parcel delivery between persons wanting to ship goods and parcels (“Shippers”), and persons willing to transport said goods to their respective destinations (“Drivers”). Collectively known herein as “Users”, Shippers and Drivers shall create “User Accounts” for allowed access to RoadWages.com. For purposes of this agreement, delivery services provided by Drivers for matched Shippers on RoadWages.com is accepted at each User’s sole discretion, and other than pricing for services set out by RoadWages, constitutes a separate agreement between such persons.
Only individuals able to enter into legally binding contracts shall be given eligibility for the use of RoadWages.com, and any findings to the contrary shall result in immediate termination of offender’s accounts by RoadWages. It is understood herein that all Users of RoadWages.com are at least eighteen years of age, and are legally eligible to conduct business practices on behalf of themselves, and as representatives of their business employment or association
Any modifications made to this agreement or on RoadWages.com are done so solely at the discretion of RoadWages, and shall be considered as continuance of the agreement and binding by Users once posted by RoadWages.
As a Shipper it is understood that your shipment will be charged to your credit card at time of order placement on RoadWages.com, which include and may not be limited to the following factors;
- Booking fee A standard booking fee for use of the RoadWages.com system will be applied to each shipment.
- Distance Charge A per kilometer fee will calculated based on the distance travelled by a Driver from point of pick up to the point of destination.
- Base Fare A minimum base fee will be added to the Booking fee and subsequent Distance charge for each Shipment. Our GPS based application will calculate the distance fee to be charged for each Shipment, and will be added to the Booking fee and Base Fare to determine the total net charge.
- Taxes Standard applicable HST, depending on province of the origination of each Shipment, will be added to the final net charge.
- Cancellation Fees A fee equal to the sum of the Booking fee plus the Base Fare, plus HST will be applied to any Shipment that is cancelled by the Shipper after arrival by accepting Driver to the pick up address.
Modifications to the above fees may be made from time to time at the sole discretion of RoadWages, and all charges are non-refundable, whether you terminate your Roadwages.com account or because of disruption to Roadwages.com service. RoadWages charge facilitation services are through a third party payment processing service (e.g. Stripe, PayPal). RoadWages reserves the right to replace our third party payment service provider without notice. With the exception of tips you may decide to give to individual Drivers, cash payments for Shipments provided on RoadWages.com are strictly prohibited.
- Discount Codes and Coupons You may apply authorized codes or coupons to individual Shipments for partial payment of charges. All codes and coupons are non-transferable and are available for one time use by each Shipper. Other restrictions that may be stated at time of promotion will also apply to their use by Shippers.
- Insurance It is understood by you that all Shipments paid for services on RoadWages.com, will be insured for and not to exceed the amount of $2 per pound (lb), or $100, whichever is lesser. The Shipper agrees to self insure any shipped items through RoadWages.com of greater value. At no time shall RoadWages or its member Drivers be held responsible for the loss or damage of goods shipped with RoadWages.com, for any amount over the above stated insurance obligation. Drivers who accept Shipments through RoadWages.com are assumed to possess valid insurance for his/her car and contents, and it is understood too that Drivers will indemnify RoadWages from any loss or damage to vehicles and it’s contents at any time.
Upon choosing the Opt In tab at account registration on RoadWages.com you agree to receive communications from us, including via e-mail, text message, calls, and push notifications. You agree that texts, calls or pre-recorded messages may be generated by automatic telephone dialing systems. Communications from RaodWages may include but are not limited to: operational communications concerning your User account or use of the RoadWages.com or Services, updates concerning new and existing features on RoadWages.com, communications concerning promotions run by us or our third-party partners, and news concerning RoadWages. Standard text messaging charges applied by your cell phone carrier will apply to text messages we send.
If you wish to opt out of promotional emails, you can unsubscribe from our promotional email list by following the unsubscribe options in the promotional email itself. You acknowledge that you are not required to consent to receive promotional texts or calls as a condition of using RoadWages.com.
PROHIBITED SHIPMENT ITEMS
You will not knowingly use RoadWages.com to ship any of the following items:
- Weapons or firearms of any kind, or any parts or ammunition of such items;
- Explosives of any kind including fireworks or anything that resembles an explosive;
- Gasoline or hazardous materials or waste as defined by provincial or federal law without proper license;
- Money or negotiable instruments;
- Loose diamonds or other precious stones or gold or other precious metal bullion;
- Prescription or illegal drugs or other controlled substances;
- Previously Opened or unsealed Wine, beer or other alcohol products;
- People or human remains; and
- Animals of any kind, living or dead.
RoadWages will at its own discretion cooperate fully with law enforcement agencies to prosecute offenders that contravene any or all illegal activities mentioned above.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT ROADWAGES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSS (EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), RESULTING FROM OR ARISING OUT OF (I) THE USE OF OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE, (II) THE COST TO OBTAIN SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND/OR SERVICES RESULTING FROM ANY TRANSACTION ENTERED INTO ON THROUGH THE SERVICE, (III) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR DATA TRANSMISSIONS, (IV) STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE SERVICE, OR (V) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE SERVICE.
You agree to indemnify and hold us harmless, our subsidiaries, affiliates, related parties, officers, directors, employees, agents, independent contractors, advertisers, partners from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorney’s fees, that may be made by any third party, that is due to or arising out of your conduct or connection with RoadWages.com, your provision of Content, your violation of this Terms of Service or any other violation of the rights of another person or party.